No April Fool’s joke here … we’ve made some major changes to our big bold event!
Our inaugural MORE THAN PINK Walks (formerly Race for the Cure) will be held:
- in Wichita at Towne East Square Mall on 09.28.2019 (Click here)
- in Kansas City at Black & Veatch on 10.05.2019 (Click here)
Susan G. Komen’s MORE THAN PINK Walk is our commitment to go beyond breast cancer awareness and take ACTION. As our signature fundraising event, the MORE THAN PINK Walk is where we put aside everything else in our lives to share our stories, our laughter and our tears; to raise money to saves lives. Together we are more than one person dealing with this devastating disease, we are a community fighting back.
We’re all in. Join us.
New for this year …
- The event is a Walk … The biggest difference is that the MORE THAN PINK Walk will not have a run element. We’re focusing on making the event a walk – which reflects the vast majority of our participants historically – to create a greater sense of community among participants and to provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend. And by focusing on the walk, we can maximize the amount of funds raised by the event available to support our work to save lives and end breast cancer.
- Fundraise for a t-shirt … the MORE THAN PINK Walk is a fundraising event. The more we raise the more we can support our community. It’s that simple. Any participant who raises $100 or more will receive an inaugural MORE THAN PINK Walk t-shirt. Participants who raise more than $1,000 and/or Team Captains who raise more than $2,500 as a team will be invited to our new VIP Fundraising Tent.
- Learn more about Komen … You will see a robust focus on the four core pillars of Susan G. Komen: Research, Care, Community, Action. Each pillar has a color it corresponds to and will be highlighted throughout Event Day. Special tents with a deeper explanation of how we implement these pillars will be located throughout the Expo. Learn about our Research. See how we support Care for those we serve. Witness the community coming together to raise funds. Take action to ensure no one has to deal with this disease on their own.
For more on the MORE THAN PINK Walks go to www.komenkswmo.org/walk.