If anyone knows the importance and impact a volunteer makes it’s YOU!
Over the past 25 years, you helped save lives by volunteering for the Race for the Cure and we cannot thank you enough. We know your time could be spent anywhere and you chose us. Every volunteer has a story about why they volunteer for Komen Kansas City and your story gives another person hope.
Today, we have a BIG ASK of you. We are 7 weeks away from Race for the Cure on Saturday, October 6, 2018, and we need more volunteers — just like YOU.
If YOU ARE currently registered to volunteer — thank you. Would you please consider bringing a few friends with you this year? Because we all know more fun is had with friends.
If YOU ARE NOT currently registered to volunteer — we would love to have you back in one of our many roles as a volunteer during race week. You know how hectic it can be and we are not able to save lives without the generosity and kind hearts of our volunteers.
During race week, the following days need volunteers — just click on the link to find a spot for your name:
- Saturday, September 30 (Various shifts scheduled from 10A to 2P at the Komen KC offices) Click Here to Volunteer!
- Wednesday, October 3 (Various shifts scheduled from 10A to 7P at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Leawood) Click Here to Volunteer!
- Thursday, October 4 (Various shifts scheduled from 10A to 7P at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Lee’s Summit) Click Here to Volunteer!
- Friday, October 5 (Various shifts scheduled from 10A to 7P at Dick’s Sporting Goods at Zona Rosa) Click Here to Volunteer!
- Friday, October 5 (Various shifts scheduled from 12P to 9P at the Komen KC offices and at the Race site, Black & Veatch in OPKS) Click Here to Volunteer!
- Saturday, October 6 (Various shifts scheduled from 7A to 9P at the Race site, Black & Veatch in OPKS) Click Here to Volunteer!
It does matter if you picked up 1 bottle of water or 100 bottles of water, your time given helped save a life and every year, we need nearly 700 volunteers to make the race a success.
And here is what we know — volunteers on the same mission who join forces are the strongest and make the biggest impact.
- To see our entire list of volunteer opportunities for Race for the Cure Click Here!
We look forward to seeing you during race week, helping Kansas City to save lives and ending breast cancer together.
Sang & Paula
Sang Thi Duong & Paula Hoffman
2018 Race for the Cure Co-Chairmen
Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City
For more information on Race for the Cure go to www.komenkcrace.org!