Today, more than 250 Susan G. Komen advocates from across the country are coming together with one voice to call on federal legislators to support funding and policies that improve the lives for those impacted by breast cancer. We will be holding hundreds of meetings asking legislators to:
- Preserve women’s access to breast cancer screening and diagnostic services by funding the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program at $275 million in the FY20 budgets;
- Make biomedical research an unwavering national priority by increasing funding for the National Institutes of Health in the FY20 budget;
- Support legislation that increases access to medically-necessary diagnostic breast imaging by reducing out-of-pocket costs for patients; and
- Ensure breast cancer patients can access the treatments they need to save their lives by becoming a cosponsor of the Cancer Drug Coverage Parity Act, H.R.1730/S.741.
Even if you are unable to be in D.C., you can make your voice heard today. Echo our message and reach out to your lawmakers now!
After you send letters to your legislators, help spread the word by asking your friends and family to join you in support of these vital policies. Thank you for continuing to join us in this important fight!
Susan G. Komen Kansas & Western Missouri
Susan G. Komen Advocacy
Susan G. KOmen
No April Fool’s joke here … we’ve made some major changes to our big bold event!
Our inaugural MORE THAN PINK Walks (formerly Race for the Cure) will be held:
- in Wichita at Towne East Square Mall on 09.28.2019 (Click here)
- in Kansas City at Black & Veatch on 10.05.2019 (Click here)
Susan G. Komen’s MORE THAN PINK Walk is our commitment to go beyond breast cancer awareness and take ACTION. As our signature fundraising event, the MORE THAN PINK Walk is where we put aside everything else in our lives to share our stories, our laughter and our tears; to raise money to saves lives. Together we are more than one person dealing with this devastating disease, we are a community fighting back.
We’re all in. Join us.
New for this year …
- The event is a Walk … The biggest difference is that the MORE THAN PINK Walk will not have a run element. We’re focusing on making the event a walk – which reflects the vast majority of our participants historically – to create a greater sense of community among participants and to provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend. And by focusing on the walk, we can maximize the amount of funds raised by the event available to support our work to save lives and end breast cancer.
- Fundraise for a t-shirt … the MORE THAN PINK Walk is a fundraising event. The more we raise the more we can support our community. It’s that simple. Any participant who raises $100 or more will receive an inaugural MORE THAN PINK Walk t-shirt. Participants who raise more than $1,000 and/or Team Captains who raise more than $2,500 as a team will be invited to our new VIP Fundraising Tent.
- Learn more about Komen … You will see a robust focus on the four core pillars of Susan G. Komen: Research, Care, Community, Action. Each pillar has a color it corresponds to and will be highlighted throughout Event Day. Special tents with a deeper explanation of how we implement these pillars will be located throughout the Expo. Learn about our Research. See how we support Care for those we serve. Witness the community coming together to raise funds. Take action to ensure no one has to deal with this disease on their own.
For more on the MORE THAN PINK Walks go to www.komenkswmo.org/walk.
Click here to register for one or both walks TODAY!