1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636)
The Susan G. Komen® breast care helpline offers breast cancer education, psychosocial support and information about resources callers need to cope with breast cancer issues. The helpline also serves as an expert resource and support system, helping patients and families to problem solve by providing information and emotional support, as well as access to Komen’s excellent resources. The helpline service hours are 9 am – 10 pm ET, Monday – Friday.
A helpline specialist may also assist in the following ways:
- Help callers think about and develop a list of their needs in order of priority,
- Reassure callers that their feelings and concerns are typical—that they are not alone in the way they feel
- Educate about breast cancer issues and coping mechanisms,
- Evaluate the need for emotional support,
- Teach/coach the client how to better communicate with their health care team; and
- Help callers write a list of questions and find ways to remember the answers.
All calls and emails are answered by a trained and caring staff member in English and Spanish, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET. TTD is also available.
Komen does not provide medical advice or referrals to physicians, medical facilities or other services.