Diagnostic Imaging Centers & Susan G. Komen partner to
deliver life-saving services with cutting edge 3D technology
LEAWOOD, KS – Leaders of Diagnostic Imaging Centers, P.A. (DIC) and Susan G. Komen® Greater Kansas City announced a strategic partnership to bring a 3D mobile mammography unit to the Greater Kansas City area later this year. This is the first time an active mobile mammography unit will be based in Kansas City since 2012 and the first time 3D mammography will be used in the mobile format throughout the community. The news was made public as part of Komen Kansas City’s 20th Annual Pink Promise Brunch where DIC was the presenting sponsor.
“Words cannot express what this means for increased screenings, earlier detection and, ultimately, saving more lives throughout our community,” said Carli Good, Komen Kansas City Executive Director. “In addition to providing a 3D mobile mammography platform for the insured community we are now able to provide these same life-saving services for the uninsured and underinsured communities as well.” Good noted that a major focus of Komen Kansas City’s work involves providing access to quality health services for those who otherwise could not obtain them. “Bringing these services directly to communities who have lower screening and higher mortality rates will be monumental in the fight to save lives.”
“As a part of Diagnostic Imaging Center’s commitment to the best in women’s health care we are thrilled to announce 3D Mobile Mammography is coming to Kansas City,” added Ed Moore, Chief Executive Officer of Diagnostic Imaging Centers. “We are bringing mobile mammography back to Kansas City and, for the first time, taking the capabilities of 3D mammography out on the road directly to the community we serve.”
Both leaders stated there is a tremendous amount of work to be done prior to the unit hitting the streets of Kansas City. DIC anticipates the unit will be on the streets of Kansas City later this summer. The mobile unit will be on display at the Komen Kansas City Race for the Cure on August 14 at Union Station where DIC is a major sponsor.
About Diagnostic Imaging Centers. P.A.
Diagnostic Imaging Centers, P.A. is Kansas City’s premier outpatient imaging provider. Locally owned by the doctors you meet in our conveniently located offices, meaning we can provide patient centered care that makes sense for you, our patients. Our state of the art, easily accessed offices are staffed with compassionate and knowledgeable doctors, and caring, registered technologists. Our mission is to provide the best in outpatient imaging care.
Every patient has a choice in where to go for medical imaging, and we believe that every patient deserves the best in affordable, quality care. Easy to schedule, walk-in appointments and prompt, efficient compassionate care are some of the reasons Diagnostic Imaging Centers is the best choice across the Kansas City area. Our radiologists are board-certified, and our fees are 30-60% less than hospitals. Our six locations across the metropolitan area offer extended and weekend hours for your convenience.
As Kansas City’s leading outpatient medical imaging facility, we are thrilled to serve our community. We love our hometown because of the wonderful people who make it such an amazing place to live and work. Outpatient imaging centered on you – that’s our promise. Visit dic-kc.com or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/DiagnosticImagingCenters and Twitter at @dic_kc.
About Susan G. Komen® and the Greater Kansas City Affiliate
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $889 million in research and provided more than $1.95 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Visit Komen.org or call 1.877.GO KOMEN. Connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/susangkomen & Twitter @SusanGKomen.
Through events like the Race for the Cure®, Rock the Ribbon & the Pink Promise Brunch the Kansas City Affiliate has invested more than $19 million in local community breast health programs in its 17-county service area and in research throughout the US with their national grants program. Up to 75% of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stay in the Kansas City region. The remaining income (25%) goes to the Susan G. Komen Grants Program to fund research. For more information visit KomenKansasCity.org or join the conversation on Facebook at facebook.com/KomenKansasCity, Twitter at @KomenKansasCity, Instagram @KomenKC, or our BehindTheRibbon Blog.
# # #