Today is #GivingTuesday?
It’s a national movement to make today the philanthropic equivalent of Black Friday or Cyber Monday. On last year’s #GivingTuesday, tens of millions of dollars were raised for nearly 4,000 nonprofits. Those are great results that we hope to build on — and surpass over the next 15 hours.
Today we’ll use email, text, and social media to help make the case for supporting Susan G. Komen. Watch for our tweets and posts, and feel free to share. The more people we have promoting Komen KC through #GivingTuesday, the greater our collective voice and benefit will be.
Join the Conversation
We’d love for you to join us. This is your chance to fuel your own circles of influence and not only increase overall donor participation on the day itself, but throughout the month of December.
Just follow these simple steps to make sure you have a successful #GivingTuesday.
- Samples are provided below in our #GivingTuesday toolkit to promote the day of giving and specifically Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City.
- Start sharing today! Reach out to your social ambassadors and encourage them to tweet and post on your behalf prior to December 2, and on #GivingTuesday itself.
- Share the Komen Kansas City’s content via Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Make a personal gift to start the process and share your support now (Click below)!
#GivingTuesday Tool Kits
Download Facebook cover photos, profile pictures, icons, and other resources to use in preparation for #GivingTuesday. If you need help customizing something for your social channel or website, please let us know.
Suggested Social Media Posts
- Help Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City and their grantees save lives today with a charitable gift on #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2. Give now: KomenKansasCity.org #Every1KC
- Your gift today, no matter the size, helps Komen Kansas City and it’s grantees save lives today. Give now: KomenKansasCity.org #Every1KC
- Help #KomenKC meet its mission of saving lives & ending #breastcancer forever. #GivingTuesday is 12.02. KomenKansasCity.org #Every1KC
- Your gift today, no matter the size, helps #KomenKC & it’s grantees save lives. Give now: KomenKansasCity.org #Every1KC
Facebook or Twitter Cover Photo (Date):
Profile Picture or Web banner (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
Other graphics to consider:
For more information on Komen KC’s #GivingTuesday efforts please contact our Communications Manager, Michael A. Levine, at email@example.com
or at 816.842.0410.