Meet the Komen KC Staff: Carli Good
This week we focus on collaborations … our Komen Kansas City staff are the ultimate face of collaborations with everything they do 365 days a year. Our team is made up of professionals that constantly move our mission forward with their strategic thinking and detailed oriented tactics that have made our affiliate one of the best in the country. We took a break from our typical #NBCAM content to include a brief bio on each of our team! Take a look and get a chance to meet the Komen KC staff!
- Hometown: Lee’s Summit
- Lived in the Greater Kansas City area for: All of them! Minus a Grad School Stint in Connecticut in the early 2000’s
- Position Title: Executive Director
- Your position description in 140 characters or less: Working with a terrific team to raise awareness and support to fight Breast Cancer both locally and globally.
- Komen Connection (Why are you here?): The people, the stories, the impact. I know that what we do every day helps saves lives.
- Favorite Part of working for Komen: Putting my passion into action. I believe that all women and men deserve quality health care that is affordable and accessible. At Komen, whether it be raising money or raising awareness – it all leads back to women getting their breast health needs taken care of as timely as possible.
- Other organizations you volunteer for? I’m on the board of the Lee’s Summit Soccer Association and volunteer for my son’s PTA.
- Something no one in this office knows about you (until now): I hate Bacon! Just kidding – not about the hating bacon part – everybody knows that already. I know it’s weird, but bacon grosses me out.
- Favorite KC Sports Team (Pro or College): The Royals, The Chiefs, The Tigers (not the ones from Detroit)
- If you didn’t work for Komen what else would you be doing? Recently, I have landed on Radio Sportscaster. I think it would be great to hear a female voice on the airwaves!
Do you have something to share with a Komen KC staff member/intern? You can email Carli at firstname.lastname@example.org.