Meet the Komen KC Staff: Tiffani Kintchen
This week we focus on collaborations … our Komen Kansas City staff are the ultimate face of collaborations with everything they do 365 days a year. Our team is made up of professionals that constantly move our mission forward with their strategic thinking and detailed oriented tactics that have made our affiliate one of the best in the country. We took a break from our typical #NBCAM content to include a brief bio on each of our team! Take a look and get a chance to meet the Komen KC staff!
- Hometown: Kansas City, MO
- Lived in the Greater Kansas City are for: 33 Years Kansas City
(10 years in Tallahassee, FL)
- Position Title: Community Partnerships Manager
- Your position description in 140 characters or less: Oversee agency revenue generation through third-party (outside) fundraising events, mammogram parties and national corporate partnerships. In addition, to leading the Komen Pink Army (formerly the Komen Ambassador program) creating a cadre of educational speakers and representatives for the Kansas City Affiliate. As an employee of Komen Kansas City I am here to share the story, to testify to the critical role of early detection and inspire those I interact with.
- Komen Connection (Why are you here?): For every 1 and 8 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Saving lives every day in the community extends well beyond a normal job – it has become who I am and how I work to give back to the community as a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend.
- Favorite Part of working for Komen: Connecting – both within the organization and all the individuals we provide information and education for listening. It’s great to spend time in the company of others with a shared mission and with those which we might make a difference in their health and life. With each person we speak with we provide information, encourage/empower to overcome the fear of being screened. With every dollar we raise we get one step closer to saving more lives.
- Other organizations you volunteer for? St. James United Methodist Church Youth Group, South Suburban Basketball Association, Girls Scouts of Greater Kansas City.
- Something no one in this office knows about you (until now): I love to scrapbook.
- Favorite KC Sports Team (Pro or College): High School – Rockhurst High School Football. Sorry I guess you asked for Pro or College, University of Alabama
- If you didn’t work for Komen what else would you be doing? Working as mentor to empower and educate youth in communities of need.
Do you have something to share with a Komen KC staff member/intern? You can email Tiffani at firstname.lastname@example.org.