Meet the Komen KC Staff: Denise Wiese
This week we focus on collaborations … our Komen Kansas City staff are the ultimate face of collaborations with everything they do 365 days a year. Our team is made up of professionals that constantly move our mission forward with their strategic thinking and detailed oriented tactics that have made our affiliate one of the best in the country. We took a break from our typical #NBCAM content to include a brief bio on each of our team! Take a look and get a chance to meet the Komen KC staff!
- Hometown: Cassville, MO
- Lived in the Greater Kansas City area for: 5 years
- Position Title: Finance Manager
- Your position description in 140 characters or less: The Finance Manager is responsible for the day-to day financial management of the Affiliate.
- Komen Connection (Why are you here?): My mom is a survivor & my aunt and grandmother passed away from breast cancer.
- Favorite Part of working for Komen: Watching the impact an organization can make and feeling like what I do for a living really is for the better of our community.
- Something no one in this office knows about you (until now): I did conservation work at a Buddhist monastery in England in exchange for food/bed. I loved it so much I considered not coming home.
- Favorite KC Sports Team (Pro or College): Royals!
- If you didn’t work for Komen what else would you be doing? I would run a campground or be a park ranger
Do you have something to share with a Komen KC staff member? You can email Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org.