Meet the Komen KC Staff: Morgan Cimpl (Intern)
This week we focus on collaborations … our Komen Kansas City staff are the ultimate face of collaborations with everything they do 365 days a year. Our team is made up of professionals that constantly move our mission forward with their strategic thinking and detailed oriented tactics that have made our affiliate one of the best in the country. We took a break from our typical #NBCAM content to include a brief bio on each of our team! Take a look and get a chance to meet the Komen KC staff!
- Hometown: Columbus, Nebraska
- Lived in the Greater Kansas City area for: 3 years
- Position Title: Community Health Intern
- Your position description in 140 characters or less: While interning this semester, I’ve learned and seen firsthand more of what Komen does and how exactly they are involved in the Greater Area of Kansas City. Specifically, I’ve been working with Theresa Osenbaugh on the Community Profile for 2015. This involves research to discover gaps in health care and from there set initiatives on how to best address these issues for the upcoming years!
- Komen Connection: In high school, a mentor that I looked up to was diagnosed with breast cancer. I watched as she fought and thankfully won that battle; her story left a lasting impact on my life. Since then, I’ve had the opportunity to continue to raise awareness through my sorority Zeta Tau Alpha as our philanthropy is also breast cancer education and awareness. The more I learned about it and see what can be done, the more passionate I become!
- Favorite Part of working for Komen: I love seeing how dedicated and determined the people who work at Komen are. It’s a small staff that works together to make a big difference.
- Other organizations you volunteer for? I’m a senior in college so I keep busy with different organizations through school. I’m involved with Mortar Board and the Pryor Leadership program – both volunteer for various organizations and find different ways to get involved in the community!
- Something no one in this office knows about you (until now): I kick box to stay in shape!
- Favorite KC Sports Team (Pro or College): My favorite boys in blue – let’s go Royals!
- If you didn’t work (Intern) for Komen what else would you be doing? Dream job – world traveling food critique.
Do you have something to share with a Komen KC staff member/intern? You can email Morgan at email@example.com.