THANK YOU KANSAS CITY FOR MAKING THE RACE FOR THE CURE
SUCH A SUCCESS!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOLLOWING RACE LINKS:
2014 RACE RESULTS
2014 OFFICIAL RACE PHOTOS FROM SPORTS PHOTOS.COM
RACE COVERAGE ON NBC
RACE COVERAGE ON ABC
RACE COVERAGE ON FOX
RACE COVERAGE IN THE KANSAS CITY STAR
RACE PICTURES IN THE KANSAS CITY STAR
RACE VIDEO FROM THE KANSAS CITY STAR
RACE COVERAGE IN 435 MAGAZINE
#KOMENSELFIE PICTURES ON FACEBOOK
RACE PICTURES ON FACEBOOK GALLERY 1
#KOMENSELFIE PICTURES ON TWITTER
RACE PICTURES ON REBELMOUSE
RACE PICTURES FROM SUPER SHOTS PHOTOBOOTH
RACE PICTURES FROM THE CANDID KC PHOTOBOOTH
RACE PICTURES ON MINGLE
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 140 Races with more than 1 million people expected to participate in 2014.
The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. It has proved to be an enormously effective way to reach many women and men with the message that breast cancer is not necessarily fatal if mammography and breast self-exam become routine. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners. The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.
Up to 75% of the funds raised at the Race remain here in the Greater Kansas City service area to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25% goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men at the Komen Greater Kansas City Affiliate with life saving services. You help make the following programs possible:
– Free mammograms and diagnostics for qualified uninsured and underinsured women
– Support services including support groups, assistance with finding financial resources, prescription refills and transportation to medical appointments
– Education about the warning signs of breast cancer, methods of early detection and the latest treatment options
– Cutting edge research to find a cure for breast cancer
YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP THROUGH OUR VIRTUAL RACE REGISTRATION:
ALREADY REGISTERED AND RAN/WALKED?
CONSIDER A GIFT TO SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST BREAST CANCER!
Thank you for your continued support of Komen Kansas City!