Komen Kansas City is extremely proud of the work done by our 17 grantees throughout our affiliates’ service area. Their efforts critically impact our mission to find a cure for breast cancer.
Each year our grantees provide us a mid-year report on their performance in the efforts they identified in their grant application.
The following are some highlights from that report:
- Nearly 500 women were given a no cost clinical breast exam (CBE); and,
- More than 600 women have received a no cost mammogram (an approximate $130,000 value).
- Nearly 750 women have been connected to screenings through education and navigation;
- More than 3,500 women and men have been educated by our grantees on breast self-awareness; and,
- All totaled, more than 7,600 services have been provided to over 3,700 women and men.
- 14 breast cancers have already been found by Komen KC grantees!
These are just some of the statistics we are proud to share with our supporters. More information is coming in to our offices every day and we look forward to updating you on their successes very soon.
Thank you for your continued support!