You have read about it; seen it and might have even done them yourself: The #Selfie!
They only really count if you use the hashtag too! So why not have a little fun leading up to the 2014 Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City Race for the Cure!
We asked our communications team how to best use the “selfie” with a group like Komen Kansas City supporters and the response was simple: “Just show us your #selfie” and we’ll do the rest! So that’s what we are doing from July 1, 2014 through Race Day, August 10, 2014!
In any case, your photos will be shared, reposted, retweeted, repurposed, collected featured and promoted the week leading up to and Race Day, August 10, 2014!
Here’s all you have to do:
1) Download the Race #Selfie or Survivor #Selfie document here:
- Komen #Selfie Signage (Acrobat .pdf)
- Survivor #Selfie Signage (Acrobat .pdf)
2) Take a picture of yourself holding the sign in your hometown; your office; at a sporting event; a bar mitzvah party; train station or anywhere else you can think of (be creative; the crazier the better – Yes, we would love to see a #selfie in front of Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Natalie Morales & Al Roker at the Today Show).
3) Post it to the Komen KC Facebook Page, hashtag your #selfie and/or mention @KomenKansasCity on Twitter or @KomenKC Instagram platforms and use the hashtag #survivorselfie or #komenselfie in your post. be sure to include the hashtag as that is how we track you!
4) Sit back and see if you win!
We want to see you in pictures: Survivors, Co-Survivors, Team Members, Supporters, Volunteers, Friends, Family, Strangers, Waiters, Doctors, Taxi Cab Drivers & more!
Prizes will be awarded for creativity throughout the process. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Insert lawyer speak here!
And if you haven’t registered for the Race yet feel free to take a quick moment and do so here on our special Race page of our Website: CLICK HERE!